Through years of managing clients expectations in the DFV space, ICSA is a strong advocate of early intervention and awareness to prevent situations from escalating into violence.
We have developed opportunities for people to come together and discuss their issues within a safe space. Sharing experiences, confronting situations and discussing options in an open, secure forum helps people feel less isolated and more confident to address their issues on a personal level.
- Chat n Chai – Women’s group – meets every month
- Chess n Chai – Men’s group – meets every month
- Shame – story writing project on the topic of ‘shame’ in a DFV/CALD perspective. Ten submissions were received, and a winning entry was announced in 2021.
Other prevention pathways are
- Community Connections – working with South Asian communities to create awareness of DFV.
- Community & Capacity building: working with providers to develop relevant social policy, advocacy and representation so they can better understand and assist their CALD clients.
Contact us on email@example.com