ICSA works closely and collaboratively with service providers to offer specialised advice, options and assistance that best addresses the needs of CALD communities in crisis.
Our outreach services:
- Initial Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Case management
- Developing culturally appropriate case plans
- Case assessment (one or multiple)
- Training & Workshops
- Seminars & Webinars
- Language Support
We provide cultural consultancy for clients, service providers and practitioners for more detailed, complex or long term projects such as re-engineering of systems, developing resources, cultural context and literacy, support group facilitation and training.
ICSA offers a consultancy service for more detailed and longer-term projects such as
- Systems re-engineering
- developing resources to sit in organisational policy, procedures and operating procedures
- Developing services
- Research and Advocacy
- Cultural context & literacy
- Support group facilitation
We have worked on a range of projects with service providers and have the skills, experience and expertise to deliver long term options that suit the needs of clients supported by the business.
Training & Capacity Building
Our training portfolio is constantly expanding as we add topics of key interest to build capacity and training that is culturally contextual.
Our training suite includes
- Recognising Dowry
- Dowry Abuse
- Honour based violence
- Recognising Cultural Abuses
- Volunteer DFV workers
- Cultural Mindfulness – Culture, Relationships, CALD Mental Health
- Cultural Awareness (community)
- CALD Sub-Continent Mediation & Counselling
- DV in Migration
- DV in Migration Application
- Complex forms of DV in Cultural Assessment Reports in Migration
- Citizenship Applications – show cause matters
- Student Applications – family circumstances
- Exemption or extension of study
- case management
- specialist subject reports for Immigration
- document drafting – comprehending statements and affidavits.
- Preparing clients for Migration Review Tribunals
- Better use of interpreters in communication with bureaucracy
We can tailor our support to your service requirements and client needs.
For further information and costs, contact us for requirements and/or any specific needs.
Recognising a need for better understanding of the culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, ICSA offers information sessions and training to service providers within the sector. Developed through research and data, the courses aim at improved comprehension of broader cultural factors that impact the CALD community and a different perspective of how to address their needs.
We welcome frontline providers and organisations seeking assistance in communicating and understanding the needs of their CALD clients. We accept referrals and provide training across key focus areas that particularly relate to clients within South Asian cultural context.